Baystate Health, western Massachusetts’ premier healthcare provider and home to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School – Baystate, is seeking a fellowship trained Trauma and Emergency General Surgeon to join our organization.
• Join a multi-disciplinary team of 8 fellowship trained Trauma Surgeons, 12 Advanced Practitioners, and specialists dedicated to your success and patient centered excellence.
• Excel in a high-volume surgical program, with both Trauma and Emergency General Surgery cases. Baystate Medical Center (BMC) the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center responds to over 2,000 activations per year. BMC is equipped state-of-the-art medical equipment, 14-bed STICU, 16-bed MICU, 16-bed CVCU and 10-bed PICU.
• Combination of clinical care and resident, fellow and medical student teaching with faculty appointment to the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School-Baystate. The surgical academic program includes a general surgery residency, minimally invasive, AAST-approved Acute Care Surgery, and ACGME-approved Surgical Critical Care fellowships. Our onsite simulation lab and robotic OR program is tied closely with the residency program.
• Enjoy an academically rich and progressive community where you will have strong leadership support to innovate and develop your career as an educator and leader within the organization and beyond.
• We are committed to the wellness of our physicians and are pleased to offer excellent benefits, ongoing mentoring and support of your professional development goals, and opportunities to flex FTE to fit your lifestyle.
Baystate Health is located in beautiful western Massachusetts, between the Berkshire Mountains and Boston. Known as the Pioneer Valley, the region consists of medium-to-small communities with an abundance of history, culture and recreation. Here you can enjoy the appeal of living in the suburbs with the benefit of being in the heart of the northeast.
YOU BELONG AT BAYSTATE. At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. As a Baystate leader, we look to your insights in helping us increase diverse representation among leadership, providers, and all roles across our organization through changes in policies, procedures and practices in order to build equity across the organization.
Qualifications: ABMS BE/BC in General Surgery & Surgical Critical Care. Strong commitment to collaboration, courage, quality and lifelong learning is essential.
To learn more about our health system and living in western Massachusetts, please visit our website at www.choosebaystatehealth.org.
Interact with us socially at facebook.com/BaystateCareers or on Twitter @BaystateCareers.
To learn more and express interest, please contact: Dr. Edward Kelly, Chief, Division of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery & Surgery Critical Care C/O Ariana Caradiaz, MBA, CPRP Phone: 413-794-8701 Email: Ariana.Caradiaz@baystatehealth.org
Are you ready to advance your career with us? Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.